Google+

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Welcome New Designer Evelyn Walter!

We would like to welcome Evelyn Walter as our newest member of the design team! Here is more about Evelyn in her own words:


My name is Evelyn Walter and I am so very happy to be joining the C'est Magnifique Kits Design Team. I live in a small village in Bavaria, Germany, about 45 minutes from the Bavarian capital Munich, well known all over the world for it's Oktoberfest. I am a single mum to two children, a son aged 21, who doesn't live at home anymore and a teenage daughter of 15.

For my profession I am a teacher for home economics and handwork. I teach children cooking and several techniques from paper crafting, crocheting, knitting, woodwork and more. In my spare time I love to craft for my own desires. I've been creative since I was a child with changing preferences, from pottering to sewing.

I discovered scrapbooking about one and a half years ago by browsing the web and tried my first page - and what shall I say: I immediately fell in love with it! Since then I try several techniques, particularly mixed media with all its possibilities is a favourite of me. I also like to make cards, alter items, make canvases and of course layouts. I love the steampunk style as much as flower and vintage style, it depends on my mood and the picture.

I´m looking forward to the time at C'est Magnifique, a big adventure for me, because it is my first time being a member of a Design Team. I hope for your support and do my very best to give you some inspiration!

I really enjoyed working with the beautiful January Edge of the Brook Kit and all the fabulous Add-Ons, which you can find here. For my first layout I worked after the January Sketch, you can find the challenge information here. The chipboard frame looks so romantic!

Foto: flickr, chicks57

I used the Main Kit, flowers from the Flower Add-On and some supplies from the Mixed Media Kit.
The frame I painted with Prima Finnabair Art Extravagance Platinum Crackle Texture Paste, from the Mixed Media Kit, the shimmer is so lovely. I used from my stash only some ink.

For my second layout I used some different papers to matt my photo. Here I wanted to go more colorful. I used the Main Kit and some items from all the pretty Add-Ons.

Photo flickr: Tim Reckmann


Here you can see the stencil from the Mixed Media Kit. From my stash I used Modeling Paste, different mists, several stamps and Gesso.


The pretty flowers I misted with the same colors to make them fit.


Here you can see some pieces of the Bo Bunny Noteworthy die-cuts, which you can find in the Embellishment Add-On.

I made a start to finish video, I hope you enjoy!




My 3rd layout shows a selfie of my son and his beautiful girlfriend short before Christmas.


I used the Main Kit, flowers from the Flower Add-On and some supplies from the Mixed Media Kit.
The grid beside the photo I cut out from the Blue Fern Studios Boston Lattice Chipboard from the Embellishment Add-On. From my stash I used a punch, stencil, modeling paste, cheese cloth. stamp and ink.




 The last page is with a photo, taken at the first day of the year near my home - a real winter wonderland!


I used the Manor House Creations Serenity Flower from the Mixed Media Kit and several parts from the Embellishment Add-On. The background I painted with C'est Magnifique Blue Bird Sparkle Chalk Paint, there are twinkling parts, which sparkle beautifully. I also painted with Prima Platinum Crackle Texture Paste, the cracks look like ice here. From my stash are the die-cut snowflakes and icicles, doily and the handmade "snowball."




Thanks for visiting the blog today!

Evelyn

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Evelyn! Thanks for the video! It is so great to have you on the team! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic layouts from Evelyn - I adore the bright colours of the second one, and the great textures too. Lovely debut!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete